The centre also includes a hall, capable of seating 50 people, an adjoining kitchen with a serving slide, and a committee room for smaller meetings, capable of seating 20 people. There is limited storage space for shared use by groups with regular bookings. These rooms are available for hire. You can download a booking form, which includes details of the hire charges, and a copy of the hire terms and conditions for information and use. There are pictures of these facilities below.
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church Whangaparaoa
48 Waiora Road, Stanmore Bay
The current St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church complex at Stanmore Bay is the successor to the earlier church in Stanmore Bay, which was situated on the hill overlooking Whangaparaoa Road near the Peninsula Club. This complex, which was opened and dedicated on 10 March 1991, is known as St. Andrew's Whangaparaoa Presbyterian Church Centre. The church auditorium seats 120 people — see the picture below.
The centre also includes a hall, capable of seating 60 people, and an adjoining kitchen with a serving slide. The hall and kitchen are available for hire by community groups and individuals. You can download a booking form, which includes details of the hire charges, and a copy of the hire terms and conditions for information and use. There are pictures of these facilities below.
Wainui Settlers' Church
997 Wainui Road, Wainui
The Wainui Settlers' Church is a monument to the faith of the early settlers in the Wainui and Waitoki Districts. This church was established in 1862 on part of a block of land of some 104 acres owned by William Lamont and gifted to the Presbyterian Church in 1862. The transfer of the acre block on which the church now stands was finalised in June 1898 after William Lamont's death by his son Thomas Beattie Lamont. The present church was built from a single kauri log donated by William Hellyer, pit sawed by Henry Glanville and Walter Moore and transported to the site by bullock wagon. The church building is registered as Category II on the register of Historic Places under the Historic Places Act 1993.
The Wainui Settlers' Church is now part of the Hibiscus Coast Presbyterian Church and regular services of worship are still held in the church. It is still largely in its original condition, with the exception of the added front porch. The church seats 40 people comfortably, with some standing room. The church is a popular venue for small weddings and is available for hire for these and other suitable events. It has limited facilities, i.e., electricity but no running water supply.
Please contact the booking officer listed on the booking form for the following two churches:
Please contact the minister for the Wainui Settlers' Church: